Thursday, June 17, 2010

COUPONS

So, a lot of people have been telling me how they have been saving with coupons. I thought it was a great idea. So, I ordered the Sunday paper to get all the coupons, plus I've collected some from my favorite websites and at the grocery store. Today was my first attempt. I thought I did pretty good for shopping at the commissary on base. I would have originally spent $72.29 without the coupons (sad because it doesn't even look like that much). But I only spent $44.06!. That is a 39% savings. Now, there is a large bag of dogfood and a gallon of whole milk missing from this photo. And, I normally don't buy all this stuff at once, like all of the air fresheners. But what I am learning is that you stock up! I plan to go to Fry's Market and get their VIP card. I think I will be able to save even more there because they have more sales than the commissary. Hopefully next time I can save even more! It is kinda fun going through the isles with your coupons and seeing how much you are going to save! If anyone has any tips for me, I'd love to hear about them!


No comments: