Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WICHITA FALLS, TEXAS VALENTINE'S WEEKEND

Well, I'm back from going to see Joe in Texas. It was a really fun trip. I got to Wichita Falls Friday afternoon. I picked Joe up from the Air Force Base that evening. I was tired, so we ordered Chinese Food and took it back to our hotel room. Then we pretty much just hung out that night. Saturday he took me to the mall where we hung out and met some of the guys that are in his squadron. They all get their hair cut by Joe and were telling me how cool my hubby is. After the mall we drove around town and then Joe bought me a locket for Valentine's Day (no picture of that yet). It was very sweet. Now I will be able to put his picture in there along with Calvin's in a few months!!! We were going to go to Red Lobster that night but it was packed so we had a really romantic dinner of Taco Bell and Burger King after a really romantic movie "Paul Blart, Mall Cop". It was a pretty funny movie by the way. Sunday we pretty much just hung out. He took me down to the base where he showed me where he goes to school, a bunch of planes and other little sites. Not much going on that day because everything was closed for the weekend. Then we decided to drive up to the Oklahoma border which was only about 15 minutes away. Then we realized that there was nothing to do that direction so we headed back down to Wichita Falls. We kept going a little south to Arrowhead Lake. We got there and well, it was pretty much the same...nothing to do. So, we came back to town saw another movie and then went to Red Lobster for our belated romantic dinner. Monday we totally just vegged at the hotel. I was so glad I got to spend real quality time with Joe. It was fun to just hang out and goof off (what we do best!). I love him so much. I hate being apart. I know it's going by quickly but there's nothing like having your best friend around. Here are some pics from our little reunion......

Joe and I waiting for our pizza
AWWWWWW.....how cute are we
okay, these next few photos are backwards. At Red Lobster I totally got Joe shoving his mouth full of food so he took these beauties of me. Payback is not so cool
Shove it in Joe!!!!

I took this picture for my dad. He loves to fish
This is Wichita Falls
There are all of these oil drills around the countryside
We ate lunch from our car at the base while we looked at the airplanes.
Here we are at the mall

This little restaurant was so cute. They gave everyone little Valentine's packages with your purchase. By the way, everyone is so friendly in Texas.

More of my cute hubby.











1 comment:

mistyb said...

how fun mel! cute pictures of you guys! Glad you had a great time. I totally agree, nothing like some good quality time with your hubby!