Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS

Okay, so I've been a bit bummed lately because by this time last year I'd already booked 5 wedding cakes for the summer and fall. Well, this year I'm no where close and we could really use the extra money, not to mention I LOVE to decorate cakes. I know I'm weird. But I really do. So, last week I got to make these really cute cakes for my friend Heather's baby shower. They were mini cheese cakes. Really cute. Well, her husband's aunt decided to throw her a family baby shower and called me the other day to make some more of the mini cheese cakes for the next shower. And then I got a call the next day to make 2 cakes and 2 dozen decorated cookies for someone else. It's so funny. I can go weeks with nothing ordered or scheduled to make and then out of now where "POOF" I get so many orders I can't seem to even have time to blink. But I'm not complaining at all. You know, we sure are tested quite a bit. I got to thinking about how maybe I should get another job when Joe leaves for the airforce. But I hope I can just keep busy with the cakes and cookies. I would love if that could keep me busy. So, another cool thing that happened today. I had to work and I really wasn't looking forward to being the pizza delivery driver. Some nights it's really fun and goes by fast and other nights it's a really annoying job to have. And it's not worth the gas I have to use in my own vehicle. But tonight was great. It started out really slow and I was just about to ask another guy at work if he wanted to deliver pizzas instead. But since I've been thinking about making extra money lately, I knew I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a little extra cash. Well, it may have started off slowly, but then all of a sudden I got so many deliveries. There was one time when I had to take seven. Just so everyone knows, that's a lot to take at once, especially when they are all over town and in the country. But I made it through and it really paid off!! I came home with 80 extra dollars. That is unheard of for a weekday night. So, maybe I'm not making many cakes lately, but I do recognize a blessing when I see one. So, that was my day. I'm really glad Misty and Tami got me hooked on this blog. Usually I don't take time to sit back and see what a great life I have. And even though we all seem to think about what's next or what's going to happen tommorrow. It's nice to look back and see what we have right now.

2 comments:

mistyb said...

love that post mel! It's definitely hard to recognize blessings sometimes but we are surrounded by them! Thanks for reminding me!

I am a mother! said...

When is Joe leaving for the air force?