Thursday, August 13, 2009

MONSOON SEASON ARRIVES....

So, Arizona is known to have some crazy weather. I've heard about the monsoons, but never really experienced one....that is, until last night. I was driving home from work, and right as I pulled into the security gate here on base, a bunch of lightening starts flashing in the sky. Within seconds, a downpour begins. Not only was I driving in this monster, I was also parinoid because I thought Joe and Calvin might be out in this storm. Joe had arrived at the baby sitter's a few minutes earlier to pick up Calvin. They live on base too, but several blocks away from our house. So, driving blind (because the rain was so heavy and practically sideways because of the wind), I'm driving towards their house to see if they were stuck out in the rain while walking home. I couldn't find them, so I went to our house. The light was on but nobody was home. Just then lightening practically struck in our back yard. Very scary. Finally Joe called as I was about to get in the car again to go looking for them. They were safe, thank goodness, just a little wet. Our friend was driving them home. When we got back in the house, we realized our floor in our kitchen was flooded. The weather stripping on our back door is not so great. So, it got our laundry room and kitchen floors all wet. Needless to say, we will be getting that fixed in the next few days. All night long, thunder and lightening kept us up. It was INSANE. It is great to have the moisture. It's not so great to have 100 plus temperatures and the humidity. Oh well, welcome to life in the desert.

No comments: