Monday, October 27, 2008

AIRMAN JOSEPH ARCHULETA

Well, Joe left for basic training to Lackland AFB in Texas on Tuesday, October 21. Before he left I got to go and see him swear in. It was a pretty emotional experience. It was a small room filled with determined young men and women. They are willing to give their lives to protect us. Joe, I am so proud of you. I love you and I know you are doing great.

I heard from Joe on Saturday. It wasn't much of a phone call. I pretty much got his address. But he did get a few extra minutes to talk to me because of his higher position. I guess he has become crew chief over all of the other men and women he is training with in his group. I don't know exactly all of the details, but apparently he gets a few perks. GO JOE!! I knew he would do great. He sounded good and excited. He seemed focussed and happy.

I got this picture from an email sent to Joe's parents by the Elder who is at the church on Joe's base. Here he is on Sunday. I love it. He looks so content to be in a uniform.


These are pictures from when he swore in. Luckily his dad recorded it on video. I wasn't able to pay much attention to what they said. I was too busy taking pictures of my husband. But they promise to protect us and obey the orders of the President of the United States and their officers. They all looked so serious. It was a very emotional, exciting, and scary moment.
I love you Joseph




No comments: