Monday, November 3, 2008

JOE UPDATE

So, I heard from Joe again on Saturday. I never know when he's going to call, so I've been really happy that I've received the last two calls from him. He said he will probably get to call every Saturday if they are on good behavior. Sounds like he's in prison (ha!). Well, he's doing great. I'm so excited that two weeks are down. Only 4 1/2 more to go. He was the dorm chief, but asked to be released because the other two guys he worked with were pretty much goofing off. He wants to concentrate on getting through it and actually graduating. So, now he's part of the latrine crew (lucky Joe) and the crossing guard. Yep, sound like a step down from dorm chief if you ask me, but he's happy about it and that's all that matters. Every time I talk to him, he sounds so excited to hear my voice. He is just so happy in the decision he's made. Well, it was a short conversation, so that's about all I know. If anyone wants to write, I can give you his address.

3 comments:

mistyb said...

ryan was just saying he wants to write to him so we would love to have his address!!

I am a mother! said...

How are you hanging in there Mel? I hope you are doing OK with him gone. I'm glad he's so happy. I'd like to know more details about what he's doing (army, air force, national guard etc.) Is he going to go to Iraq? How long is he going to be gone and how long will he be able to be home? I'll have to search through your blog and see if you have the details posted.

faith.burk@gmail.com

I am a mother! said...

I'm going private. Please email me your email address so I can send you an invite =-)

faith.burk@gmail.com