Monday, November 10, 2008

JUST PONDERING....

So, Chuch yesterday was absolutely incredible. I got to witness a baby being blessed. The talks were amazing. When Bro. Garza talked, I couldn't help but remember my mission. Sometimes I miss being there so badly. Just to have that same feeling and spirit. There is really nothing like it. I am so grateful, though, that I did have that experience. Every once in a while I open my mission scrapbook and read my letters I sent to my family. It's funny because half of the things I mentioned in them I can't even remember. But I do remember most things. I 'm so glad I made that for me and my children so they can see what a great thing it is to serve our Heavenly Father. Then Jared spoke. I really loved his talk. I can't believe he is back from his mission already. His talk really made me ponder about knowing that Heavenly Father really does love each and everyone of us as an individual. It's sometimes hard to imagine because he has so many of us to watch over. But when Jared spoke, I felt it to be true. I'm so happy to have the gospel in my life. Joe and I struggled for so long to get pregnant. I was almost to the point of becoming pretty bitter about it. Then I talked to our great bishop and he promised us we'd have children. I couldn't be mad anymore. I knew it would be only a matter of time. I didn't know the means...our own children, adoption....but I knew that my Bishop was inspired to tell me that. I knew Heavenly Father was talking to me at that point. And I know that won't be our biggest struggle by far. But it was so reassuring to feel his love. It makes me want to be a better person everyday. Most days I slip up or don't do what I plan on doing. But it makes me want to be that better person. I'm grateful for great friends who are wonderful examples. You girls know who you are. So, church was pretty awesome.

3 comments:

mistyb said...

thanks for sharing your sweet testimony mel! It really was such a wonderful day at church!

Lorilee said...

Mel you inspire me to be a better person. You truly are the greatest. i love ya. I loved Jared's talk too. Hmmmmm we really need him in Primary!!

Tami said...

You really do inspire me to do better. What a awesome testimony you have. Way to be so positive.I felt the same way after the meeting last night. We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives and I know that you are one of those people in mine.