Tuesday, January 6, 2009

OUR AIR FORCE DESTINATION!!!!

Okay everyone, it's official. We finally know where we are going to be located in the Air Force. Joe just received his assignment today. It's AVIANO AFB IN ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm over the initial shock of it all. At first when he told me I thought he was joking because he kept laughing. But after asking him over and over, I am finally convinced that we really are moving there!! I was sooooo not expecting this. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to go. But it really is such a shock. I've never left the country to vacation and now I'm going to live half way around the world. Pretty CRAZY!! All I know for now is that it is located about 1 1/2 hours north of Venice. So that is pretty exciting. I'll keep everyone posted when I find out more information.





3 comments:

I am a mother! said...

Wow Mel that is WAY EXCITING!!!! I'm glad you have a blog so that I can keep up on your adventures over there.

mistyb said...

that is so so cool! I think you will love it there! I'm excited for your adventure! (not excited that you won't be here) but wow how fun!! Tami and I were talking yesterday and she told me about it and we are already planning a girls trip to come see you!! ;)

Lorilee said...

YEAH!!!!!! How fun. We will miss you but I could totally go for a trip to Italy to see you.