Monday, June 1, 2009

MOTIVATED

Okay, so today I started working out. I haven't been really motivated until now because, well, I was preggers, then getting used to being a mommy, then moved out of state, then had to unpack everything. So, today was the BIG day. I'm now ready to begin losing weight. Yeah, I didn't really think I would post this, but I could use all of the encouragement I can get. Besides, it makes me accountable to more people than just myself, and I feel like that would be more motivation. I have many reasons why I want to lose weight. First and formost-for my health. I know what being overweight can do to your body and I don't want to have lots of complications when I get older. Second, for my son. I want to be able to get on the floor and play with him and run around and coach a soccer team or two. I don't want to be the down and out mom who can't keep up with her kids (no fun). Third, I just want to feel better about myself. I know appearence isn't everything, but it's something. And to get out of maternity clothes (for a start) is so appealing to me. Fourth, I'm in a wedding next fall and I wan't to come back and just WOW everyone. Maybe that is a little bit vain and all but well, it's the truth. My plan is to do weight watchers. it worked for me in the past. also, i am walking in the morning with Calvin and in the evenings with joe. I want to throw in an exercise video here and there to get me started. So wish me luck everyone. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

5 comments:

Tami said...

Well miss melanie I am excited for you to start doing some excercising. Turbo jam is my favorite work out video, if you google it you should find it. Also I have a magic pill so call me if you want more details. Misty and I both used it and it helped a LOT!!

Lorilee said...

I am proud of you. Lets sign up to do a race together. That is what got me running was the motivation to finish my half. FYI you ARE one of the most beautiful people I know inside and OUT! I miss you my sweet little friend.

mistyb said...

good for you girl. And great job on walking twice a day!! I agree with tam, the turbo jam videos are awesome, totally kick your butt, while being super fun at the same time, I got mine on ebay for pretty cheap! Good luck girl you can totally do it! I miss you too friend! kiss that baby for me!

mistyb said...

oh yes and I am in on the race plan too, we could all run like a 5k together how fun would that be!!! seriously let's do it ladies!

I am a mother! said...

You can do it Melanie! I am also a big Turbo Jam fan. I just love Chelene's personality and the music and the kick boxing is so fun! I have also been enjoying running and would like to get some Zumba videos.