Tuesday, June 9, 2009

THINGS ARE GOING GOOD

Well, it's been a week since I've been on to post anything. Things are going good as you can tell from the title of my post. Just need to unpack a few more boxes and we'll be DONE!!!! Calvin is doing good. He turned six weeks yesterday. He is getting so big. We weighed him last week and he was over 11 1/2 pounds. Way to go little man!!! He is also sleeping pretty well through the night. Thanks Tami for the book, it's been helping me out a lot (especially when I want to give in). I wish we had our computer so I could post a bunch of pictures, but I'm still having to use the computer in the library on base. We went to a BBQ on Sunday after church. Joe and some of his married buddies at work decided it would be fun to get all of the couples together to meet and have fun. It was great. Met some cool girls. They are married, but so very young. They have kids under a year, so I'm excited to have some friends for Calvin to play with when he gets a bit older. My sister Janelle comes to visit us this weekend. She'll be here for a few days and then will go up to cali to visit the parents. I'm so excited for her to come. Don't know what we'll do yet. Doing good on the whole weight loss thing as well. I've exercised everyday except sunday and have lost 2 pounds!!!! Yay. hope I can keep it up. I've found that rewards work wonders. So, that's what i've been doing to stay motivated. We are going to the Mesa Temple this weekend. I'm looking forward to going there with Joe and Calvin. It will be a fun day I'm sure. Last thing to post is I am trying to get into this program here that the Red Cross does. It is a dental assistant program. Basically if you get in, they send you to a dental office where you would internship for 6 months. The on-the-job training will then qualify you to take the exam to get you certified to be a dental assistant. It's all for free thanks to the military. Basically they have a lot of these programs here for the spouces. I'm hoping to get in. I could kick myself for never getting my bachelor's degree. I have my AA, and I love doing cakes. But I want something I can fall back on. The prophets are always telling us to get more education and that is what I plan on doing. Hope I get in.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Wow Mel good for you. Great job on being so motivated to better yourself. I am glad that little Calvin is sleeping well and that the book has helped. There is nothing as great as a baby that sleeps well at night. I want to see some pictures of that little guy so you better get on that. Miss you!!

mistyb said...

awesome mel! It will be so nice to have some more school done and if the military is paying for it even better! Sounds like things are going good. We sure do miss you! Glad you have your sister coming to visit! love ya girl!