Sunday, July 26, 2009

AWESOME SUNDAY

Today was one of those days that was just perfect. Calvin woke up in a great mood. We took our time getting ready for church (doesn't start 'til 1). Then church was great. The talks in sacrament were very inspiring. It was about being a modern pioneer. Calvin slept through the whole thing so I actually got to listen to the talks. Then Calvin slept through most of sunday school too. So, I got to participate in that as well. it was on keeping your faith through trials and why heavenly father gives us trials and it is up to us what we do with those trials. Very good topic. always need that reminder for some reason. Then relief society was good. only a few sisters there today probably everyone is on their last vaca before school starts. and the lesson was on temples. it was such a good lesson. oh, then i got a new calling today. i am going to be the assistant librarian. sounds pretty easy compared to counselor in the primary. but none the less i am excited. i'll get to help out people with pictures and videos. get chalk and do all kinds of stuff. after church we came home. i made joe's favorite dinner...chicken, rice and mixed veggies. then we just hung out as a family. I am feeling really blessed right now. and so i just wanted to write about my great day. i also want to express the things that i am thankful for.

1. My membership in the Church. I love knowing that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father and that He loves me. I love going to church and being with fellow saints and learning and getting those much-needed reminders to help me become a better person and disciple of Jesus Christ.

2. My family. Joe is a great husband who has matured a lot this past year. He is providing for me and for Calvin and I am really happy that he is my husband. Calvin is the most precious thing in my life. And I love him so much. Just thinking about him makes my heart ache to hold him. He is so much fun and so sweet. I love his smile and his noises he makes trying to communicate with us. He is a doll.

3. My family that is far away. I love my parents, my in-laws, my grandparents and sisters. They are all such wonderful examples in my life and am really grateful that I have been blessed with such great people for me to look up to.

4. I am grateful for my new job. It wasn't an easy task to find a job. And I am grateful for that hunt to be over. I am excited to help out my family save money and be more financially prepared for whatever may come our way.

5. I am grateful for the scriptures. I am not always the best at reading them. A fault I plan on fixing. But when I do find the time to read them I am always uplifted and enlightened.

6. I am grateful for friends (old and new). To my great friends back home. I love you and miss you a lot. I think of you often and you are always in my prayers. To friends in far-off places (like Utah and even as far as the Netherlands), you too mean a great deal to me. And for friends I am making now. I know we have friends wherever we go. Sometimes they are just for the moment and sometimes we meet someone who will be a friend forever. But friends are great no matter what.

7. I am grateful for the Air Force. never thought that would make my list. But I am grateful because it is giving our family an opportunity to be on our own. It will bring about a whole new set of opportunities to meet people, to travel, to be of service. It is something my husband loves to do and I am grateful for that as well.

8. I am grateful for so many things. These are just a few. I am glad to have this moment to reflect on my life and realize I have a pretty awesome one. Sure life brings you crazy trials that you never thought would come your way. But, through it all, life is wonderful and I really should never complain. Remind me of this if I ever do.

No comments: