Friday, July 24, 2009

WORKING GIRL

Well, I've been looking for a little part-time job to earn some extra money that we can use to start a savings (fyi the air force doesn't pay all too great). I've been looking on and off base for something and getting pretty discouraged. All I wanted was something really easy for a few hours a few times a week. I had applied to quite a few places. Unfortunately most of them require on-line applications which I think sucks because you really can't make a great first impression on line. Soooooooooooo, after a month of looking, I finally snagged a job at Bed Bath and Beyond. I worked there previously when we lived in Gilroy. I thought about applying earlier but I was trying to find something a bit closer (it's 8 miles away). So, I walked in yesterday afternoon for an application (I remember they didn't make you apply on line). Filled it out on the spot and got to speak with the store manager. He gave me an interview right then and there. He told me I was definitely in the running and would here from him the next day. I was pretty sure I got the job because I thought I had a really good interview, had previous experience at the same company, he gave me his business card....well, that same day he called me up and offered me the job. Woohoo!!!! I really liked working there before. I'm really excited. Joe is such a big help. He will watch Calvin while I work and if our hours overlap a bit I have a babysitter all lined up. Ah, the power of prayer. It wasn't anything desperate for me to get a job, so I didn't pray much about it. But I finally let go of my pride and prayed to Heavenly Father to help me find something. Hmmmm, what do you know....the same day I prayed about it I got a job. Coincidence...definitely not. Wish me luck on my new job and earning some moolah for our family.

No comments: