Wednesday, April 8, 2009

20 YEARS AGO

Over 20 years ago, I befriended a little girl who moved here wither her family from Mexico. Her name was Marizol Fernandez. Even though she didn't speak English and I didn't speak Spanish, we became best friends. We did everything together, so when she moved away 18 years ago, I was devistated. We never stayed in contact and I always wondered what happened to her. Well, about a year ago she located me on Myspace (gotta love technology). Well, yesterday, she and her boyfriend were returning home from a trip and decided to take a detour to Escalon to come and visit me. So, after 18 YEARS of not seeing eachother, we met again and it was so great. I was nervous at first, but we just fell into conversation and talked about the good ol' days of Van Allen and learning eachother's language. It was so much fun. I took her around to see her old house where we used to play. Then we went over to Van Allen to show her all of the changes that have taken place there since we were little kids. Then we headed over to get some D'boni's pizza. Sadly, they couldn't stay for very long, but I am so glad she came to see me. She is doing really well down in Riverside and I told her that we can't let another 18 years go by again. I love how you have those friends that come into your life and no matter how much time goes by, you can just pick up and be great friends again. I love you Marizol!!!!



2 comments:

Lorilee said...

Yay for fun friends. That is so great that they were able to come see you.

Tami said...

Wow that is pretty awesome! How nice of her to come out here to visit you! I have friends like that too where you know no matter what you always will care about each other and love each other and see each other again. I feel that way about you Mel. No matter where life takes us we will be friends forever!