Monday, April 6, 2009

GENERAL CONFERENCE

This weekend was the 179th annual General Conference. I missed Saturday's sessions, but I got to go over to my in-laws' house to watch it with them on Sunday. The conference was so great. I love to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing. They are absolutely amazing and I always feel the spirit. The talks were so good too. I learned quite a bit and I am so thankful for our Prophet and Apostles. They have such a love for the Savior and you can feel the love that they have for each one of us. My favorite talk was by Elder Holland. Most of the talks during the first half were about the atonement of Jesus Christ. His talk was so insightful. He talked about how the Savior really does know what we are going through during our trials and when we sin. He said something that I never knew or thought of before. He said that Christ too knows what it is like to be alone spiritually. He talked about when he was on the cross and that He kept calling to his father and asked why he had left him alone. We really know that he wasn't alone, but Christ needed to feel that. He needed to make that connection of being alone so he could know how we must feel when we do not have the spirit with us when we sin. I LOVED THAT. My savior really does know me and understands every part of my thoughts and feelings because he too has experienced it all. He has a pure knowledge of everything and I am so grateful for the trials that he faced and overcame so that one day I too will be able to overcome all of my trials and know that He understands. That to me was the best talk of the day. I also liked many of the other talks and really got a lot out of conference this April. I can't wait to read them again in the Ensign so I can learn even more.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I agree with you! That was one of my favorite talks too. It really is so great to be able to watch conference it alway's gives me a little lift and motivates me to keep going.

Guitar, my house, this week!